-->

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Home Again...

We're home and camping was fun. As always, it seems it takes more time to recover and unpack from camping than the time you take for the actual trip!

I had a great "wow" moment. I actually got into a kayak! I would have never done that 18 months ago! My Husband had been trying to get me to do it, and so finally I did. I took the Kayak to an inlet off the lake where it was so peaceful. So still. I really just tried to be in the moment, listening to every sound and notice even the smallest movement. It was breath-taking.

I know... probably going tree-huggin'-hippy on you, but it really was beautiful.

Cassie rode a horse -- she was excited to do it, but once on Pepe it was a different story. The cowboys leading the trail-ride thought maybe she was suffering from motion sickness while on the horse. That happens sometimes. Poor thing. We were not allowed to get off, so we had to tough it out. :( She did it though, just like a champ.

It also seems my Daughter has lost all fear of the water/pool. At 3 1/2 she's jumping in from the side and holding her feet. She's going under, coming back up and is having great fun. She starts swim lessons in a few weeks and she'll be more than ready to go!

Aside from the heat and humidity (oh and the ducks and cats doing *it* all night) over the weekend, it was great fun!

I'm excited for the weekend to come. I'm headed to my friend's house in Dallas. We're going to see the opening of Sex and the City and make a "girl's weekend" out of it. After camping, I'm sooooo ready for a pedi!

More to post later... just 2 1/2 weeks until the TriAmerica in Clear Lake. Having no time is the story of my life. Argh! There is just never enough time. Never enough.

One more thing... that Mar-a-Lago Turkey burger that was supposed to be the bomb-diggity? My family and I didn't think much of it. They were pretty good the next day though. I think the recipe is a good start, but it needs something more. Could be that the additional Chutney to top the burger was necessary. *shrug* Don't waste your time on the recipe. Oprah let me down this time. *shock* LOL

I did however make a fantastic pork tenderloin roast. Don't fear the white meat of pork! I eat so much chicken and turkey that sometimes I feel like I could lay and egg or cluck! My husband found this recipe in one of his muscle mags... can't remember the name of it or I'd give a shout-out! Could use a little garlic in the stuffing as well. :)

Artichoke & Spinach Stuffed Tenderloin

2 lbs. Extra Lean Pork Tenderloin
1 C. Part-skim Ricotta Cheese
1 Tsp. Dried Basil
5.5 oz. Artichoke hearts in Water (not marinated)
1 Bag Baby Spinach, Chopped (Yeilds 2 C.)
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
String

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Butterfly-cut the port tenderloin.
  • Chop up the Baby Spinach and Artichokes and mix together with Ricotta and Basil.
  • Spread the mixture on the inside of the porkloin and tie together in at least 6 places.
  • Brush outside with a little Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper.
  • Bake for 25 minutes.

Number of Servings: 6
Calories: 313.1
Total Fat: 10.6 g
Cholesterol: 132.1 mg
Sodium: 143.8 mg
Total Carbs: 3.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 47.7 g

4 comments:

SignGurl said...

I'm so happy for you and your kayak moment. I know you thoroughly enjoyed it. Congratulations!

Beth said...

Glad you had a good time!

And, those tasty loins.

Beth said...

I think it's Men's Health - let me go look...

Courtney said...

Check out my latest blog entry when you get a chance and let me know if you're in, *ahem* Captain :)

Post a Comment