-->

Friday, May 09, 2008

So..... I'm back. It's been a busy week. I had not been to the gym in 7 days, until yesterday. Certainly not the routine for someone who is planning on doing a triathlon in just 5 weeks. Ugh! I need to get on the ball this weekend, for sure

Went over a new macronutrient plan with my trainer yesterday. We're going to decrease protein and carbs, just a tad and increase fat. I'm reducing my training sessions with him to once a week and will be responsible, solely, for my reamaining 2 days of resistance training.

Anyway, here's the basic menu. Protein sources mgiht change but will have about the same nutrient value - I probably won't change much for a while. The routine works well for me during the week. I'm also allowed one cheat meal every 7 days. :)

Breakfast
Cottage Cheese, Nonfat, 0.5 cup (not packed)
Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal- Plain, 0.5 serving
Fat free half and half, 0.5 cup

AM Snack
Organic Peanut Butter Smooth/Salted, 1 tbsp
Suzy's Kamut Puffed Cakes, 1 serving
Nutrition Pro V60 Protein by Labrada, 1 serving

Lunch
Tilapia, 4 oz
0.5 cup cherry tomatoes
Spinach, fresh, 1 cup
Alvarado Bakery Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread, 1 serving
Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tbsp

PM Snack
Suzy's Kamut Puffed Cakes, 1 serving
Organic Peanut Butter Smooth/Salted, 1 tbsp
Nutrition Pro V60 Protein by Labrada, 1 serving

Dinner
Broccoli, cooked, 0.5 cup, chopped
Chicken Breast, no skin, 4 ounces

Evening Snack
Cottage Cheese, 1% Milkfat, 0.5 cup (not packed)

Total Calories: 1,197
Protein: 158 g (51.6%)
Carbohydrates: 86 g (28.6%)
Fat: 27 g (19.8%)

I am so close to 2 major goals... Dropping 100 lbs. and weighing under 200 lbs. I need to think of a good incentive/reward. I'm kickin' it up and I'm going to get there in the next few weeks.

Yesterday's Workout:

Alt'd sets of Step-ups, Curl-to-press, squats, leg lifts and bench press

Step-ups
20 - no weight
18 - 10 lbs.
15 - 20 lbs.

Curl-to-overhead press
Single-leg (R) 20 x 15 lbs.
Single-leg (L) 20 x 15 lbs.
both legs 20 x 15 lbs.

Squats
20 - no weight
2 Sets 20 x 25 lbs.

Leg Lifts on Bench
3 Sets, 25, 20, 18

Bench Press
25 X 55 lbs.
20 x 65 lbs.
12 x 95 lbs. , 8 x 45 lbs.

Finished the last 4 minutes with...

Cable Row Underhand (no rest between sets)
20 x 60 lbs.
18 x 50 lbs.
15 x 40 lbs.

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Glad to see you're back!! Will we see you at the meeting in the morning?

Courtney said...

Thanks for the HR info. I ended up going with the F11. It fits what I needed and then some. I'm pretty impressed. :)

Post a Comment