-->

Friday, April 11, 2008

Another double-postage day...

Nice, quiet. No rain. The wind isn't even shifting the American Flag outside my office window. I'm praying things stay this serene over the course of the weekend.

Weather forecast (though this could change in 2 hours; we are in Texas, after all)

Houston (Start Line)
Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 74. North wind around 10 mph.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. North wind between 5 and 10 mph.

La Grange (Overnight)
Saturday...Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday Night...Clear. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph before midnight becoming light and variable.
Sunday...Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds 5 mph becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Austin (Finish Line)
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 78. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Today is the Expo where we can go and get a bunch of free stuff. Tonight I have to pack. It is like prepping for a camping trip. Tomorrow morning I will ride from Houston to Belville (for lunch), then from Belville to La Grange. LaGrange is where I will camp overnight with my team; Sun and Ski Sports. On Sunday we'll go from La Grange to Bastrop for lunch. Then Bastrop to Austin! The probably drop dead!

By the way, thanks to everyone for their support I raised almost $1,000!

I know that physically I'm up to the challenge. I'm excited to be doing one of those things I avoided for so long, but I'd be lying if I Ididn't admit that no mater how I poise the thoughts in my head, 150 miles on a bike still seems a just a weensy bit daunting.

I'll do it and get through it. I'll be better for it in the end. :)

1 comments:

Kim H. said...

I'm so excited for you!! I know that it's going to go really well, and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Post a Comment