-->

Friday, March 07, 2008

Follow-up on my GB

Ugh.

No exercising, other than walking until March 14th. Being on vacation from the 13th to the 24th without a bike is really cutting into my MS150 training time. :(

I need to listen -- even though it is not what I want to hear. Doc says that there are sutures underneath my main incision and that if I overdo it, I could cause a hernia.

I said, "No biking?"
He said, "No."

I said, "No running?"
He said, "No."

I said, "No lifting or kick boxing or punching bag?"
He said, "No, and before you as, no sky-diving either."

He said, "The body takes 21 days to heal, it's a biological process."

Then 21 days of waiting it is. Although he did say I could walk. Whoooopie! ;-)

I asked him about my labs; he says I shouldn't worry that even with my HDL being low, that my overall cholesterol at 128 is awesome, and you don't see that everyday. He said, "My cholesterol isn't even that low!"

He aslo seems to think that my pregnancy, and not my RNY, might have possibly caused my gall bladder to go bad. During my pregnancy the hormone imbalances of involved are known for this. He said my GB was huge, had a very thin wall and was covered in "cholesterosis" (cholesterol deposits) which leaves your gall bladder looking like a strawberry.

Eeeeyyyyuck.

1 comments:

Antonia said...

I think you need to stop being so hard on yourself.

Post a Comment