-->

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Will You Help?

This year I have decided to train for the 2008 MS-150 Bike Tour! I will be riding as part of the NASA’s “Mission Control” team. This will be my first year participating and hope it is just the first of many to come.

I would like to be able to count on you to help me reach my fundraising goals. Some of you, already, are my biggest supporters of all my seemingly crazy efforts and I whole-heartedly appreciate everything you’ve done to help! The challenges continue and I hope to raise a total of $5000 for the fight against MS – I have my work cut out for me.

Saturday, April 12th we will depart the greater Houston area and forge the rolling hills to La Grange. On Sunday, April 13th we’ll continue riding, appreciating and traditional Texas scenery (and the fact we have the physical ability to ride!) on route to Austin. We will ride a total of 150 (151.2, but who’s counting?) miles in two days time.

Personally, I have undergone changes in my own life that now allow me to live my life fully and with vitality. I do not take for granted (nor ever will!) the fact I am physically able to participate in an event such as this, because someone suffering with accelerated forms of MS could not conceive of this kind of challenge. I ride in the name of those surviving each day with MS, as well as those who have passed but who still inspire us to pay it forward.

Not only does participating in this event help fund finding a cure for MS, but it also helps me be a better role-model for my Daughter in the way of teaching her to give charitably of time and effort, not to mention exercising for general health and overall well being – it’s a win-win for everyone!!!

Can I count on you for a pledge to help raise both money and awareness for MS? Please pledge through my donor page (use the email address dtoleratmerfishdotcom), or remit a check, made payable to NMSS and send to me (contact me for the address). Remember, your pledge is tax deductible and no amount is too small. Every penny adds up!

Lastly, here’s something motivating… we are not lifetimes from finding a cure for this disease; the National MS Society believes a cure will be found IN OUR LIFETIME! And that’s HUGE!

Thanks for supporting our efforts in the MS 150 Bike Tour and for joining the fight against MS!

Sincerely,
Me!

1 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah!! I think it's great that you're doing this! I'll have to see what the budget allows, but I'd love to help if I can.

Post a Comment