-->

Friday, February 01, 2008

Shakin' in Up!

Okay, so my trainer has shaken up the way I eat. He's changed the ratios of protein, fat and carbs. In addition to my change to doing my cardio midday (I leave work to go to the gym now), it seems things are moving. I won't get my hopes up yet, Let's just say we're off to a great start.

I was focusing on 50% protein, 25% carbs and 25% good fat. He has me at just over 62.5% Protein, 33% Carbs and 4.5% fat. I still supplement my diet with Biotin, Flax Seed Oil, Fish Oil, Calcium and a Multivitamin. He introduced me to a new protein as well, which is really pretty good. NutritionPro v90. I like the "Vanilla Ice Cream" flavor. The addition of the late night snack is new to me too -- Tuna and Grapefruit? Oiy!

The food plan is pretty bland right now, but I'm giving it everything I've got to follow exactly what he says. I'm eating the same thing everyday right now (ugh!), but that will change after a week or 2.


I'm training with him 2 days a week, and lifting a third day on my own.

I'm doing Cardio 5 days a week. On the days I life, I only walk. All other days I do 15 minutes of waling and 15 minutes of High Intensity Intervals. I reached an all-time high running speed this week of 6.7 mph. Of course I couldn't do more than a minute, but I've always been afraid to run that fast.

Things seem to be heading in the right direction, so we'll see what another week will bring.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah - sounds like this trainer is the best thing that ever happened for you!!

SignGurl said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad things are working for you. I need to cut the fat out of my diet as well. I just loooove fat, lol!

Have a great weekend, my friend!

Post a Comment