-->

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Prayers for Uncle Eugene...

On a sad note, I found out that my Uncle has passed-away. His neighbors noticed the newspapers building up outside and called the police. It's not known yet how long he had been dead, but they believe his passing was natural. Of course we hope his passing was peaceful too.

This particular Uncle was always known for his eccentricity. Grandma always said that after the war, he was never the same. He lead his life the way he wanted. He traveled around and visited family, usually unexpectedly, and was happy as a loner. His eccentricities made him endearing to us kids, and I remember always being more excited than my Parents when he'd pop in unexpectedly. It's probably 25 years or more since I saw him last, but I can still smile when I think of him.

Hopefully he'll bring a handful of Astro Pops with him to the "pearly gates"... certainly can't hurt and it always worked on us kids!

To Uncle Eugene... Although I'd like to laugh and say that even your arrival to Heaven was unexpected, I'm sure God needed a new angel on board and that you are welcomed with open arms. Rest in peace.

So long Uncle Eugene. You will be missed and always remembered fondly.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'll be praying for you, and your family.

SignGurl said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I'm thinking of you and your family.

On the gall bladder note, have you thought about having your weight loss surgeon do the surgery? Mine did and he was able to look around and make sure that everything with the WLS was ok. He was also more aware of my changed abdominal cavity. Just a thought.

Courtney said...

Sorry for your loss, D. *hugs*

Post a Comment