-->

Friday, January 11, 2008

Prayers and Thanks...

If you know of Melting Mama, but haven't visited recently, then you may not know that she had an "episode" while in the hospital for a post-op ps check for her husband. According to her Mom, who made an entry for MM, MM is fine and they are working to get her answers. MM is a terrific spirit and I love her candor. Get well Mama! Our prayers/vibes/karma are with you!!

Now, on to the thanks part of this entry...

A brief e-mail discussion with one of my favorite bloggers is prompting a message outside of my recent boring food and workout journal entries -- imagine that! LOL!

I am so thankful for the blogship I have with some of you. You dish it out straight up, you keep me believing and just when I'm feeling like this effort is just one challenge after another -- which it is, but at least one of you says something that just brings me back to the moment.

13 years ago I started "online." To this day I have still have friendships with those first few I've met, albeit at a distance. (Kim F. in Ohio, if you're out there girlie, email me -- we need to catch up by phone!).

As a kid we moved around a lot, so I don't really have any life-long friends. There was a time I used to envy that in others, but as an adult I realize that it's quality, not quantity. I'd rather have just a few close friends who are true, than life-long friends who are fair-weathered.

Anyway, just a note of thanks for all of you who help me to believe in me, even when I find it a daunting challenge.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Great message! I too don't have many "life-long" friends... so I can understand where you're coming from. The cool thing is that there are so many of us out there having WLS and recovering from WLS - that it's like a very exclusive club. Everyone that I have encountered has been so friendly and supportive, and I've learned so much from all of ya'll. So not only are we losing weight, we're gaining friends all over the country through this interesting world of blogging.

DirkStar said...

Felicia and I have purchased a treadmill.

I think I may have been a bit more out of shape than I imagined...

The thought of single leg squats made me exhausted just thinking of such a thing.

Kudos girl! You're in better shape than me.

Kim said...

Your life sounds like mine with all the moving around! I, too, have found that having a few wonderfully close friends is better than being surrounded by scads of them who are only there when times are good.

You're doing great!

SignGurl said...

I'm all smiles here :)

I will stand by my comment that you are indeed an inspiration to many. Your dedication to your goals is so refreshing!

I think it's awesome that you also tell it like it is, even if you aren't happy with yourself. People need to hear that stuff too.

You are doing great!

P.S. I hadn't read about MM. Thanks for the update.

Post a Comment