-->

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Training Session - Tuesday

Leg Press / Lunge Circuit
20 reps - Leg Press - no plates (both legs)
15 reps - Leg Press - 100 lbs. right leg only
15 reps - Leg Press - 100 lbs. left leg only

Traveling Lunges 2 x 20

15 reps - Leg Press 145 lbs. right leg only
15 reps - Leg Press 145 lbs. left leg only

Traveling Lunges 2 x 20 (w/2 25 lb. weights)

12 reps - Leg Press 190 lbs. right leg only
12 reps - Leg Press 190 lbs. left leg only

Stationery Lunges 20 (w/35 lb. weights)

Squat Circuit
I'm not sure what to call this one type of squat, but my trainer has me stand on a stack of 5 weights (under each foot) on the side of a bench and squat until my butt touches the bench and come right back up (no sitting on the job). I'll call them elevated bench squats.

Then we also do the same kind of squat, on one leg, not elevated. I'll call those single leg squats. I've always considered myself a good squatter, but damn, these are more than just squatting. It was a challenge just to squeak out 10 of them. Humbling to say the least. :)

20 elevated bench squats
10 single-leg squats - right
10 single-leg squats - left
20 elevated bench squats with 25 lb. weight
10 single-leg squats - right
10 single-leg squats - left
20 elevated bench squats with 35 lbs. weight
10 single-leg squats - right
10 single-leg squats - left

Leg Curl / Dead Lift Circuit
15 Seated Leg Curl 55 lbs.
15 stiff-legged barbell dead lift 30 lbs
15 Seated Leg Curl 70 lbs.
15 stiff-legged barbell dead lift 60 lbs.
15 seated Leg Curl 70 lbs.
15 stiff-legged barbell dead lift 80 lbs.

Let's just say that today, I feel like some is driving a stake into each of my buttocks. Suffice it to say I love the new trainer. He's tough, challenging, encouraging, smart and motivating. We get a long great. I am quite proud, as he has commented several times on my good form (which he credits to both my effort and my former trainer) and my strength. By the time I got to the last circuit, my legs were like mush. Seriously, I went to pick up my leg and it just wouldn't move right away -- it was like a delayed response! LOL

He sure knows how to make an hour fly by!

1 comments:

Kim said...

You certainly are a trooper!! You GO GIRL!

Post a Comment