-->

Friday, October 19, 2007

What a Difference a Year Makes

It's been 1 year since I started with my trainer -- and next month will be my 1 year anniversary of my surgery. Admittedly I am a little embarassed to post this progress update because I, well, just havent lost as much as others! That being said, I haven't gone one month without losing inches somewhere; I've gone from a size 26 to a 16 -- and can even wear 18's in the Misses Department! I no longer take Diabetes Meds and no longer need to use a C-Pap machine!

My high weight was 347 lbs. My Pre-op weight was 307. This brings my total weight loss to 123 lbs., 84 of it from surgery.

I work extremely hard and do the right thing. Inevitably someone will think, "she's slackin'", which is the farthest from the truth. The thought of that makes me sick, probably because I've spent my entire life proving that I'm a hard worker, in spite of others' perceptions, that sometimes I feel like I just continue that behavior. It needs to change. I know. This is just on area I know I need some help in, and plan to seek out some help.

That being said, I am proud I have lost what I have. The fact that I've been able to maintain so much muscle mass in the last year is an achievement in itself, even with a 3% margin for human error on measurements.

It should also be noted that I was too large for calipers to begin with, so fat mass was calculated from measurements. The most recent fat mass numbers are measured with calipers.

Oh, and as far the battle of me vs. the Candy Corn? I'm totally winning this battle. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be very proud of your accomplishment. I am preop and I can't wait to say that I'm 123lbs lighter than I am today.

I'm proud of you because I know how difficult it is. Celebrate your success.

sincerely,

SignGurl said...

Bravo!!! You have done so well!!! I know it's hard not to compare yourself with others, but don't do it. You have done what most of us don't. You work out and have converted fat to muscle mass. I'm so impressed with that. I need to work harder on that myself as I feel weaker now than before surgery.

Anyway, you should be so proud!!

Danyele said...

You have nothing to explain Donna - we all know how hard you've worked. All bodies are built differently - as are our metabolisms. You'll get to your goal girlfriend - I know you will. Keep on keepin on ((much love))

Dagny said...

Something I have tried to focus on as I get further out is maintaining the habits and not being obsessed with the NUMBERS. I figure, keep up the habits and the numbers will take care of themselves! You're the workout champ of the group I think and by now those habits are getting pretty darn deeply ingrained.

Now you just have to do it THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!
Dagny

Donna said...

Ironically exercise has been a regimented part of my life since I trained for my first Tri in 2003. I don't just want to exercise, I need it. I don't feel right without it.

Changing the way I think about myself and understanding what I deserve, and how far I have come are much harder lifetime changes for me to make.

Exercise, for me, was the easiest change.

C said...

That is a HUGE deal. You've done amazingly. Congrats!

Post a Comment