-->

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I am feeling bummed -- I am having my last training session with Jimmy today, but excited at the opportunity to train with one of the master trainers. :) I don't know what my training session will entail today, but I do know I'll be running afterwards.

One of my associates is serves in the Air Force reserves. She's 55 and has to take her annual PT test. She shared with me the components and scoring for the test along with the goals. So, my new goal is to run 1.5 miles in less than 12 minutes, 30 seconds. I can do 1 mile in under 15 minutes now, but adding another half mile with less time will be a challenge. Something to shoot for, I guess.

The smarty pants that she is, she printed out the 34 - 39 age chart... 30 seconds later she said, "this is only good for a few more weeks *laugh*." "Here's what you'll need next" as she handed me the 40+ chart! :) I chuckled.

I didn't feel this good back in my twentie -- so the whole turning 40 thing isn't phasing me. OMG 23 days until Vegas. :) Can't freakin' wait!!

Journaling my food has really given me more confidence in my choices this week. I was getting a little worried that I was either a) eating too much, or b) not making the right choices. I promise this won't become a daily food blog, but I wanted to share for a while, just to see where I stand against other post-op friends who are at around the same point as me.

Breakfast:
Egg Beater Mini Quiches
FF 1/2 n 1/2
4 oz 2% Cottage Cheese

AM Snack:
2 oz. turkey breast
Fiber One Bar

Lunch:
1 C. Chicken w/Aspargus, Artichokes & Tomatoes (Leftovers)

PM Snack:
Apple (honeycrisp apples rock!)
2 T. Skippy Natural

Dinner:
4 oz Canned Tuna in Water
1 C. Raw Spinach
2 T. Newman's Own Light Balsamic



Just came across this quote in a e-newsletter I receive and it hit me on a personal level...

"It seems to me that our three basic needs, for food and security and love, are so mixed and mingled and entwined that we cannot straightly think of one without the others. So it happens that when I write of hunger, I am really writing about love and the hunger for it, and warmth and the love of it and the hunger for it… and then the warmth and richness and fine reality of hunger satisfied… and it is all one."
~ M.F.K. Fisher, from The Art of Eating

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment