-->

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

- this title space for rent -

Today I will forgo a title Although, if inspired to do so, please feel free to submit one. :)

I really just have one thing to write about -- I finally got my effin butt in the pool last night. I got in the effin pool and swam laps for 30 minutes. The pool has been my biggest challenge in prepping for the triathlon. I kept putting it off, and putting it off. And you know, that's just not going to get me swimming!

Oddly enough, I enjoyed it and didn't feel near as clumsy as I expected I would -- which is good, because that means I'll go back for more.

For 30 minutes I just kept moving (well for the most part, until I had to share a lane) and focused on alternating sides for breathing. Anyone know anything about lap etiquette in the pool?

Just another challenge from the past, beaten. :)

3 comments:

Danyele said...

Hey Donna! Congrats to you for getting in the effin pool.. LOL. So lane ettiquette.. well, hopefully you'll be sharing a lane with someone swimming at a similar speed. When there are multiple lanes the coach will usually do time trials so that swimmers are grouped together by similar speeds. It's a good rule of thumb to let the other swimmer get a half pool length ahead of you before beginning your lap. And hopefully you've got a good pair of goggles so that you can see if you're coming up on another swimmer. You don't want to run into anyone (or into the wall (the side of the pool) for that matter). Good luck and enjoy!

Dagny said...

Triathlon? Dang girl, you're such an overachiever!
Dagny

Courtney said...

Hey chick!

Maybe we can add this event to the 2008 schedule? Next year's dates aren't posted yet, but it looks like they have one in Austin...our favorite place. :)

http://www.prcevents.net/thecuretri/triforthecure.html

Post a Comment