-->

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Spin!

Okay, last night I made my return to spin class. *applause*

I'm not sure I have mentioned just how great it feels to be able to do everything... but it does. It's simply amazing! Of course I have; silly me. Well, you'll have to hear it over, and over, and over again for a while!

I know I worked hard pre-op, but heck, any 300+ lb. person taking spin class does! This just feels different. It's like I can actually feel my body getting stronger. I did damn near every jump, hover run and sprint. For the first time back, that's pretty good.

I will say though, that after class I felt extremely weak, like I never had before. Luckily I was armed with a banana (a good glycemic replenishment), and I felt much better.

Tour de Pink, here I come! By the way, my new boss made a $100 donation! I was floored!!

I have been so fortunate in that I was able to seize the opportunity to have my life back. God, I'm so thankful for having the surgery.

Tonight I have a strength training session. Ever since we changed the way we're training, with higher weight and 4 sets of 6 to 8 reps (to failure) the weight has been coming off. I went almost 2 months without any change in pounds, but still lost inches.

The focus is now on building strength/muscle and cardio, just for the sake of cardio. Before I was doing more of a circuit training with the weight, monitoring my heart rate and recovery, so it was kind of like a cardio combo weight session. In any case, it's working!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Check out today's entry...

http://community.active.com/blogs/BruceHildenbrand

Change for Good said...

I love your blog! Can you explain to me what a "SPIN" class is?

Thanks,
Tiffany

Change for Good said...

Thanks for your reply. I have another question regarding "spinning" classes. I am still a big girl...300 pounds, is it something I would be able to do? Should I wait until I have lost more weight? Thanks for your advice.

Tiffany

Post a Comment