-->

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Couple Things!

Thanks to all my sassy sisters who helped make a contribution to my Tour de Pink efforts. You gals have character; you walk the walk AND talk the talk. I thankfully accept your donations in celebration of those who have lost the battle to Breast Cancer, and on behalf of all the folks who will benefit from this fundraising effort.

So, to change the subject, guess what I'm wearing today? I'm wearing a size 16! Not just a 16, but a 16 in white. White?!?! Yes, white. :) It's a nice black and white outfit, if I do say so myself. :) The point is, I haven't worn white since my wedding, and before than since my 8th grade graduation! Actually, I think I might be smaller now than I was at my 8th grade graduation!

Oh... and I have my consultation for my implants. Whoopie!

"Implants?" you say.

Yes, but not those kind. I'm talking about DENTAL implants. I started the process right before I got my RNY approval. I thought I'd have a year to finish up, but never even got it started because my approval came through sooner than expected. I have a consultation this week, and I can't wait to get it started.

We'll just call a spade a spade: I have awful teeth. Growing up we didn't have money for regular dental visits, and really only went when there was a problem. Coupled with the fact that I have really soft teeth, my best efforts to take care of them and be pro-active hasn't prevented the loss of some important ones as an adult. The tooth loss has has made it challenging (not impossible) to chew, and you know how important that is post-op. Now that I'm far enough out from my surgery, I can head back down this path. I'll be glad when it's over with! I go on Thursday -- I can't wait.

I have so much to be happy about; I can't wait to be able to smile freely!

2 comments:

Keyana said...

CONGRATS On the size 16's!!!! I can't wait. I can tell a difference in my 26's but when I am in a 16 I might go crazy!! Congrats on your accomplishment and good luck with the teeth

Dagny said...

SMILE SMILE SMILE!!! One of the things I did when I started losing was bleach my teeth! Feel great about looking great!!!!
Dagny

Post a Comment