-->

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Almost 5 Months

Almost 5 months and 70 lbs. kicked to the curb. The scale started moving again... FINALY!

That's the good news.

The bad news?

I was laid-off this week. My last day is April 30th. 12 weeks of severance for my almost 7 years of service. There was a 10% cut of IT in North America; lucky me.

I don't feel much like making an entry (for obvious reasons), but I am around and I am Okay. :)

PS: Barman, thanks for keeping the "Girls" in perspective. LOL You're so funny!

8 comments:

Danyele said...

Gosh Donna, I'm so sorry to hear that. I will say that every times I've been laid off, it's always been for the best and I've gone on to bigger and better things. I'm sure that will be the case with you. I know this part sucks (when it first hits you), but you'll be ok. Sending you ((big hugs))..

~~Rae~~ said...

Congratulations on the weightloss I am sorry to hear about your job I hope you find something bigger and better then before

Melting Mama said...

Oh man. Chin up. :)

Aussieabroad said...

OMG Donna... I was laid off this week as well... me and 17,000 of my colleagues apparently.

I hope this opens up doors you never knew were there. We'll be doing our job hunt together.

Good luck... I hope you find something before your severance is done.

Ann

SignGurl said...

{{{{{Big hugs to you}}}}}

barman said...

Sorry to hear about your job. I worry the same will happen here where I work but so far things are looking safe. I hope in the end it leads to bigger things. Oh and congrats on the scales moving again. That is always hard when you hit a plateau.

Dirk_Star said...

I am so sorry to hear about the layoff.

Please tell me your job was not outsourced to India...

Hang in there, hon.

*S* said...

I'm sorry to hear about you being laid-off, Donna. Having been there, it's worrisome and tough. I hope that it will move you in a new and better direction.

*S*

Post a Comment