-->

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

New Kixx!

The Nike Free 7.0 cross trainer is specifically designed for both linear and lateral fast feet training drills. Supportive, breathable, lightweight mesh and synthetic upper allows the natural motion of the foot. A supportive forefoot strap locks the foot down during cutting. A siped Phylitemidsole provides that free barefoot feel. A training-specific outrigger adds support and protection. Aggressive turf inspired traction pattern outsole for outdoor surfaces. Wt. 8.0 oz.

Okay, so they're not the most attractive, but they'll do the job. Hubs has a pair, and he loves them. When you feel the inside, they feel like a pair of gloves. It's just the strangest thing.

Training session was good yesterday. I'm working on getting a plan together for my Tri Training. The first goal is to swim 20 minutes non-stop, no matter the stroke. I already have an swimsuit I didn't wear for the 2003 tri, so I have to see if maybe that fits better now. Other than that, I just need a cap (a stunning look!) and some goggles. I think my first toe-dipping will be Friday night. Of all the legs of this tri, the swimming freaks me out the most. The most unfortunate thing about it is that training for the swim in the pool is not like training for a swim in open water -- they're totally different, and really unless I train with 500 people in the open water, there's no way to be completely prepared.

As for the weight loss, I feel like I will be stuck in the 240's forever. I know I'm sitting at my lowest adult weight ever right now, so I'm fairly certain I'm just plateauing yet again. My body is saying, "Hey, I remember this weight and I was more than comfortable here!" and it doesn't want to budge. Ugh.

Just keep doing the right thing. Right?

Right.

2 comments:

SignGurl said...

You are amazing! I'm so excited for you to do the triathalon. You should write a book about the experience of going from obesity to triathalete.

The picture of you and Cassie is absolutely adorable!

SignGurl said...

So the book thing should be done by you!!!

Post a Comment