-->

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Well, it's been 5 weeks (and a few days) since I had my surgery on 11/15. As of this past Wednesday morning I was down 40 lbs.; I can hardly believe it! I've gone from a size 26 to a 22. And in spite of looking like a stuffed sausage, I can even get my 20's on and buttoned -- and those were my "skinny pants!" LOL I wouldn't dare wear them in public yet, but it was a major "wow" moment, when I could pull them up over my hips again!

And before you e-mail me, yes, I know I need some comparison pics. I'll get around to it! Hahaha :)

It really goes without saying (but you know me, I'll say it anyway), I know I have been extremely blessed in that I have not had any problems and very little to no discomfort. I go back to the surgeon for my 6 week follow-up on Thursday.

The best part of all is returning to my formerly active lifestyle. I don't feel like I am avoiding living life nearly as much because I feel so much better. I have so much more energy! It's just amazing!

I know it's 40 lbs. and I have so much farther to go, but it has made such an incredible difference already! At the end of the the day, nothing beats the tackle-mommy-to-the-floor hugs I get from my Daughter or the joy I see in her eyes because Mommy can do so much more physically.

I must sound like a broken record, entry after entry, but I can't change how I feel!

In other news, that no longer pisses me off, is that my Daughter's kitchen finally arrived. I'm very happy, and that E-bay seller should be thankful it showed up when it did.

As for being ready for the holiday, we are. In fact, I don't know when I've had quite this much downtime on the day of Christmas Eve; I think I might just head to the gym this morning and get in my "last chance" workout. LOL

2 comments:

Dagny said...

Hard to believe sometimes that it will just keep getting BETTER! Congratulations and keep enjoying it all!

SignGurl said...

I'm soooo happy for you, Donna! You have come so far. Your daughter received an early present through your surgery.

Hope your holiday was wonderful!

Post a Comment