-->

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Welcome to your new life, Beautiful Butterfly!!!

Hello all -

I am pleased to report that this is the first day of Donna's new life!!!

That's right -she made it through surgery just fine and is recovering as I type. I spoke with her wonderful hubby and he said she is groggy and her pain level hovers around 5 or 6. Man, for me, it was a pain level of 11. But then again, I knew Donna was a lot tougher than me. This only confirms it for me without a doubt!

I am just so excited for her - I can't even write about it without crying! I've been on the verge of tears all day just thinking about how happy I am for her to be able to do this for herself! I love that woman so much - she is just so amazing and I want nothing but the best for her!

You all will never know how deserving Donna is of this miracle. She will make the absolute most of this re-do in life, no doubt about it. Never have I met anyone who is so disciplined, dedicated and determined. I've always felt that it was so unfair that she had to struggle so much with weight loss when she truly gave it her all. Now, she will get the rewards for the effort. I know she will cherish this tool with all her heart and never take it for granted.

It will be so exciting seeing her world open up in ways she can't imagine. There will be so many things for her to experience and celebrate - she has no idea. I wish I could tell her about it all but these are things that are best left for her to discover on her own and enjoy when they happen. I know she will definitely share them here when she does! :-)

Well I need to close this out. I am about to go see her. Darren said she has been doing her walking and breathing treatments. I expected nothing less than total compliance from her. :-) I cannot WAIT to see her. Plus, it's always good for me to go back to that first day in my mind. It reminds me of just how far I've come and makes me treasure this tool even more than I already do.

God has blessed me abundantly in this journey and I know He will bless Donna as she now travels down this path of transformation. Thank You God for protecting Donna. Please bless her abundantly as she begins her new life by giving her a strong, healthy and capable body to match her incredible and beautiful spirit.

I love you Butterfly!!!!!!

xoxo
Melissa

"I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for."
Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

barman said...

Congratulations to Donna, thank you Melissa for the update.

Danyele said...

So glad to hear that she's doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Post a Comment