-->

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tomorrow is the Day!

I really feel like I should have something insightful to write today -- maybe a letter to my fat, bidding it a not-so-fond farewell? I guess not... or maybe later.

The strange thing is, I don't have anything to say that I haven't already said.

As I've told more than a few people, I'm nervous and excited all at once. As when I had my daughter via C-Section, I was extremely calm the night before. So much so, my mother had to comment on it -- especially since I am an undeniably the most emotional person in my family. It wasn't until I held Cassie for the first time, that I really lost it. If that was any indicator, I'm sure that it will hit me some time tomorrow.

Arrangements have been made for everything and I just have a few things to finish up at home tonight. Hopefully I'll be home by Friday... that would be great!

I have my last training session tonight, and they're going to re-measure and weigh me. I know they'll seem my hard work by my measurements. Unfortunately, being off my Glucophage for nearly a week shows a 4 lb gain on the scale. Every time I go off it for a period of time I gain, despite any honest effort. My PCP has told me to stop taking it, and we'll just see how things go. Since the surgery is malabsorbtive, I most likely won't need it! We're just going to have to watch for twilight syndrome.

Just a few more hours until I can leave for the day and I can't wait!

Guess next time I post I'll be on the losing side. :)

3 comments:

Danyele said...

Donna,

I'm SO EXCITED for you! You're so committed to your health and this life change - I know that you're going to be an amazing WLS success. Can't wait to have you with us on the other side.. wishing you all the best!!!

((hugs)) Danyele

Dagny said...

HEY! I'm so sorry I let time get away from me!! Please let us know as soon as you can that you're through it, well, and settled! My thoughts are with you tomorrow!
Dag

Shel said...

Good luck!! I'm so excited for you!

Post a Comment