-->

Friday, November 10, 2006

5 DAYS!

I'm not really sure where all the time went! It seemed to get here so fast! I've made arrangements for my friend Melissa to post updates to my blog while I'm out of commission.

I haven't officially weighed or measured with the trainer, but after 3 1/2 weeks I'm down 6 1/2 lbs and am at 297. I know the core workout he's giving me is already changing my body shape, because my clothes just fit better, and I've only had 6 sessions so far (I'll have 2 more before the surgery) . At the least, I'm achieving my goal of not gaining anymore before the surgery!

The only thing I'll be cleared to do right after surgery is walk, and that's just what I'll be doing, until they release me to full activity.

I'm supposed to go out tonight to celebrate both my birthday and upcoming re-birthday with the girls tonight. I'm looking forward to it -- I just want to have some fun. :)



The whole "Devas" thing is an inside joke -- too much to explain, but really, we're not full of ourselves. From Left to Right is Toni, Liz, Me and Melissa. All of them have had Gastric Bypass. Ironically enough I met Melissa when I started a Weight Watchers Yahoo group years ago, and we've been friends ever since. Liz I met many years back when I was participated in the BBW scene back in Dallas, and now she lives here in Houston. I met Toni through Melissa; Toni was her co-worker.

Tomorrow night we're going to put Cassie in "Parent's Night Out" at school. Darren and I are actually going to have a date night -- maybe dinner and a movie. My daughter is 2 years old, and except for an overnight at a bed and breakfast when we were visiting my Mom, we've not had an adult night out since she was born --and man, do we need it! It takes so much time being being Mommy and Daddy that we have to remember to make time to nurture our relationship as Husband and Wife!



My birthday came and went without much fuss. I was out of town and most people forgot about it, which is fine. I can fool them all into thinking I'm going to be 39 next year, as opposed to 40. Darren bought me a lovely limited edition Coach bag (yeah, I'm a purse snot) that I would never have bought myself. I got some gift cards too, which I'll hoard until I need some new clothes.

It seems odd that for the last week, I've had little appetite. It's been surprisingly easy to practice restraint and self-control, eating my planned meals and staying away from the crap in the office. I'm not sure, but could it be my self-conscious is prepping me? Not that it bothers me, but all of a sudden it seems so much easier. Strange.

I guess that's about it for now -- I should get to work.

4 comments:

Danyele said...

I'm counting down the days with you Donna! That is SO AWESOME that you have 3 good friends that are all post-op - they'll be such a wonderful resource for you.

Have a great night out with Hubby! BTW - LOVE the bag. I'm not usually that big on Coach, but I really like that one.

Melting Mama said...

whee! get ready!

SignGurl said...

Woo hoo for the night out with the hubby. You need some time together before your journey.

I'm excited for you!!!

feles-mala said...

Donna, I'm sending positive energy your way. I can't wait to hear that you are safely on your WLS journey.

PS, can I tell you how much I covet that purse? It's fabulous!

~ellen

Post a Comment