-->

Monday, October 02, 2006

Race for the Cure and Other Thoughts

This past Saturday was the Susan G. Koeman Race for the Cure. 5k of Houston's infamous heat and humidity! It was yucky. I captained a team here at work -- we had a good time.

Here are some pictures:

Angels for the Cause


Can you see how far ahead the people stretch?
It had been a reported 25,000 participants.


The hardest part of the race is not crossing the finish line...
it's making it to the starting line.

There was a whole crew of these folks...
They call themselves the "Breast Cancer Tsunami"

I've also decided I will be changing gyms and hiring a trainer for at least 10 weeks. I want 2 things out of this; 1) Learn the proper way to progress in strength training, and 2) build as much lean muscle mass as I can (without looking like the Hulk) before the surgery. I have read too many times that you loose so much muscle mass early on. I don't want to suffer a hiatus with the kinds of exercise I enjoy because I'm losing muscle mass so fast. Plus, the more lean muscle mass, the more calories I will burn. :) So it's a win-win.

Some of the events with the group moderator have unfolded. She has been retained by University General Hospital -- it is a new "luxury" hospital facility -- as their Director of Marketing. I knew she couldn't leave the cause. As to receiving any other explanations to her commentary, it just won't happen.

I continue to do my research. Still haven't found anything monumentally negative on my surgeon of choice yet -- I really don't think I will.

Happy anniversary to me and my hubby tomorrow. We'll be married 3 years, together for 8.

1 comments:

Danyele said...

Happy Anniversary!

Post a Comment